001 | How to Unleash Your Inner HERO
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”
Let’s get this started
Welcome to the second (or first proper) episode of The HERO Podcast, which is all about the central theme of unleashing your inner HERO.
I’ve been interested in this idea of the HERO since I was a little boy.
Back then, as well as my loved ones, I looked up to Spiderman, the Power Rangers, and the ancient samurai.
I liked the idea that a seemingly normal person could unlock a deep, hidden power, and then use it to serve a purpose that was bigger than them. That’s, in essence, the underlying theme of this podcast.
My big, lofty goal is to help you find that HERO that exists deep within you, and provide you with the tools to unleash it on the world in your own special way.
It sounds cheesy, I know.
But I really think it’s something that’s worth pursuing.
And it all starts with understanding this idea of the hero’s archetype – which is exactly what we’re going to expore in this episode.
What we cover in this episode:
- What spiderman, the samurai, and your favourite movie stars have in common.
- What exactly is the HERO archetype, and how does it relate to everyday living?
- How can you adapt the mindset of a HERO, to make better decisions in life and align your habits with your mission?
Related Links & Resources
- What Makes a Hero? Ted-ed Video by Mathew Winkler
- The Power of Myth, by Joseph Campbell. Amazon USA | Amazon UK
- The HERO Toolkit. eBooks, diet plans, workouts and more, all geared towards helping you unleash your inner hero.
- Joe Rogan: Be The Hero of Your Own Movie
Listen & Subscribe
Support The HERO Podcast
Enjoy The HERO Roundup
A weekly dose of resources, ideas, and tools all aimed at helping you unlock your potential, and unleash your inner HERO. Plus you get bonus access to the HERO Toolkit – a collection of eBooks, diet plans, workouts and more.