004 | Proactive vs Reactive Living: You Choose
“The ability to subordinate an impulse to a value is the essence of the proactive person.”
Stephen R. Covey
Proactive Vs Reactive
I first stumbled across the concept of ‘being proactive’ when reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, which is one of my top 10 favourite books. Probably top 5.
I wrote an article about this concept not longer after reading that book, and how it applies to health and lifestyle design.
This episode is essentially an audio version of that post, with a few bits of added commentary from me.
What we cover in this episode:
- What reactive behavior looks like, why it may be your default pattern, and how it can impact your life experience.
- What proactive thinking looks like, and how it can be applied to health, business, relationships and more.
- The top tools and tricks you can introduce to start being more proactive.
Related Links & Resources
- Proactive Vs Reactive Behaviour: You Choose
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Animated Book Review, Fight Mediocrity
- The 50 Golden Rules For Forming Healthy Habits.
Related Products & Deals
The Online Course – Healthy Habits 101: Change Your Habits, Change Your Life
Listen & Subscribe
Support The HERO Podcast
Enjoy The HERO Roundup
A weekly dose of resources, ideas, and tools all aimed at helping you unlock your potential, and unleash your inner HERO. Plus you get bonus access to the HERO Toolkit – a collection of eBooks, diet plans, workouts and more.