007 | Jane Land of Veganuary on the Power of Plants
“The gods created certain kinds of beings to replenish our bodies; they are the trees and the plants and the seeds.”
Could you go vegan for January?
I’ve been eating a plant based diet for the best part of 4 years now.
It consists of lots of green veggies, beans, avocados and the odd square of dark chocolate (read: a shed load of dark chocolate).
In that short timeframe, it’s been amazing to see how the availability of vegan food has changed (for the better). These days it seems like there’s never a veggie cafe far from walking distance. Even the top chain restaurants have caught on, with a fair portion of them offering at least a few vegan options, if not a whole separate menu.
That change isn’t something that has come about automatically.
Much of it has been down to people like today’s guest, Jane Land, working tirelessly behind the scenes to make plant-based eating more accessible to everyone.
Who’s Jane, and What’s Veganuary?
Along with her partner Matthew Glover, Jane Land is the founder of Veganuary, a charity that encourages people to try vegan for January.
Since it’s launch in 2014, it’s become a monumental success – with 23 thousand participants across the world last year, and double that predicted for 2017.
Veganuary is dedicated to changing public attitudes, while providing all the information and practical support required to make the transition to veganism as easy and enjoyable as possible.
What we cover in this episode:
- Jane’s story of transitioning to a vegan diet, and the common obstacles people might face on the way (and how to overcome them).
- What exactly is Veganuary, how it works, how it can help you transition to a plant-based diet, and how you can get involved today.
- Some of the key habits and routines it takes to build a successful organization with a global reach.
Related Links & Resources
- Vegan Starter Kit | Veganuary
- Vegan Recipes | Veganuary
- Complete Guide to a Healthy Vegan Diet | Health Room
- 50 Quotes From Plant-Based Pioneers | Health Room
- Restaurants Supporting Veganuary 2017 | Veganuary
Related Products & Deals
The Online Course – Healthy Habits 101: Change Your Habits, Change Your Life
Listen & Subscribe
Support The HERO Podcast
Enjoy The HERO Roundup
A weekly dose of resources, ideas, and tools all aimed at helping you unlock your potential, and unleash your inner HERO. Plus you get bonus access to the HERO Toolkit – a collection of eBooks, diet plans, workouts and more.