011 | A Healthy Habits Masterclass With Derek Doepker
“Consistency is more important at first, than quantity and even quality”
Habits are the foundation upon which all your goals and dreams are realised.
A bold statement, but one that holds true.
It’s largely those micro-decisions we make every day (often unconsciously) that determine how close we are to living the life that we’d ideally like to live. Whether it’s banking the dream job or conquering the ultramarathon, every journey and destination is won by a series of small steps.
With that in mind, we’re continuing with the healthy habit-forming theme in this week’s episode of The HERO Podcast, with a masterclass on making lasting changes, courtesy of Derek Doepker.
Who is Derek Doepker?
Derek Doepker is the founder of Excuse Proof Fitness, a #1 bestselling fitness author, and an Independent Team Beachbody Coach.
Like many others, he started his journey eating fast food every single night and hating exercise.
But after learning simple strategies to reprogram his habits and stay fit on a busy schedule and limited budget, he made it his mission to share the clever and cutting edge insights he’s discovered with others striving to get and stay fit for life. And that’s exactly what he does today.
And that’s exactly what he does today.
What we cover in this week’s episode of The HERO Podcast:
- The three simple (but immensely powerful) words you can use to kickstart any habit change and build momentum.
- The massive impact your language choice can have on your ability to make lasting changes (and how to adopt the growth mindset).
- Why failure might not be what you once thought, and how you can reframe failure to help create the life you want to live.
- The best tools and resources Derek utilizes to keep him on a healthy, meaningful path.
Listen & Subscribe
Connect with Derek
Books Mentioned in the Interview
- The Healthy Habit Revolution by Derek Doepker | US / UK
- Break Through Your BS by Derek Doepker | US / UK
- The Wrinkle Cure by Nicholas Periconne | US / UK
- Mindset by Carol Dweck | US / UK
- The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin | US / UK
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker | US / UK
- 3 Things I Did To Change My Fitness Habits | Derek Doepker
- The Force Stronger Than Willpower | Derek Doepker
- 008| Jeff Sanders on Healthy Habits and Rockin’ Productivity | The HERO Podcast
- 50 Golden Rules for Forming Healthy Habits | Health Room
Develop Lasting, Healthy Habits
Healthy Habits 101
Support The HERO Podcast
UNLEASH YOUR INNER HERO
Proven tools and tactics to help you eat, move and live better. A plant based diet plan, full body mobility workout, habit changing eBook and much much more.