016 | HERO Foundation Full Body Workout Program (Free Download)
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
– Henry David Thoreau –
Building the foundations of strength and mobility
I used to be one of those guys:
“Go hard or go home”.
High intensity and volume was the name of the game. But despite eating right and training multiple times per week, it left me with nothing to show for. Before long, I would be injured and/or feeling exhausted, and subsequently could never string together enough consistent training to meet my goals.
So I dialed things way back, reaped the rewards, and that’s what my current training program is all about.
Sustainability vs short term gains. Consistency vs carelessness. Back to basics.
Using the structure I’m about to outline this week on The HERO Podcast , I’ve been able to build a regular movement practice without the nagging injuries and constant setbacks.
One that’s provided me with a solid base of strength and mobility that transfers over to everyday life.
And the best part?
It leaves me feeling fresh.
I’m no longer sore for days after a workout or grouchy 24/7. I have the space to be more present in everyday life, and the time to work on other goals – both related and non-related to movement.
I hope that if you decide to give it a go, it’s able to do the same for you too.
What we cover in this week’s episode of The HERO Podcast:
- Why so many workout programs are unsustainable and often lead to overtraining, injury and burnout.
- How to build a solid base of strength and mobility that makes you a more well-rounded athlete, and more capable human being.
- How to apply the minimum effective does to your strength training, to maximize the time and energy you have to focus on other goals.
Listen & Subscribe
- The HERO Warmup | Health Room
- Modified Box Breathing | Health Room
- 28 Of The Best Stretching Routines In The Land | Health Room
- Drilling the Transverse Plane | Functional Patterns
Develop Lasting, Healthy Habits
Healthy Habits 101
Support The HERO Podcast
UNLEASH YOUR INNER HERO
Proven tools and tactics to help you eat, move and live better. Healthy eating plans, strength and mobility workouts, habit changing guides and much much more.