017 | The Choice vs Chore Mindset
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
– J.K. Rowling –
Chore vs Choice
How many times throughout the day do you view something as a chore?
You can include the common ones like doing the washing, cleaning your room, going shopping… But how about your meditation practice? Or going to the gym? Or preparing homemade meals? Or finishing off that piece of work?
It’s easy to forget that most of the things that we fill our day with, most of the habits and routines we partake in – we choose to do them. Sure, they may slip into autopilot mode sometimes. But at some point down the line, we made the conscious decision to make time for that activity.
If we’re not careful, it’s easy to slip into that chore mindset – that we ‘have‘ to do this, and ‘have‘ to do that.
But what if we were able to step away from that line of thinking? What if we were able to be more present in everything that we do, to truly see those things for what they are? To embrace the things that we can’t change? And to let go of the habits that are not serving us in order to make more room for the things that do?
What we cover in this week’s episode of The HERO Podcast:
- One of the main contributors towards chronic stress and failed habit changes – viewing our choices as chores.
- The main reasons why we fall into the chore mindset, and how this way of thinking can negatively impact our quality of life.
- Three simple tactics for switching towards the choice mindset and taking back control.
Listen & Subscribe
- Proactive vs Reactive Mindset: You Choose | Health Room
- The HERO Mindset: What Would The HERO Do? | The HERO Podcast
- A No Excuses Mentality: Chore or Choice | Make It Happen
- Fixed vs. Growth: The Two Basic Mindsets That Shape Our Lives | Brain Pickings
Develop Lasting, Healthy Habits
Healthy Habits 101
Support The HERO Podcast
UNLEASH YOUR INNER HERO
Proven tools and tactics to help you eat, move and live better. Healthy eating plans, strength and mobility workouts, habit changing guides and much much more.