019 | The Minimalist Mindset: Living Well With Less
“It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.”
― Seneca ―
How could the minimalist mindset enrich your life?
This week on The HERO Podcast we’re talking all things minimalism. More specifically, how you can apply the minimalist mindset to different areas of your life. To live well, with a little less.
So there are a bunch of misconceptions surrounding minimalism. The word might conjure up images of the hipster, vegan stereotype. You might think it’s a pretentious thing reserved only for the middle class. Or maybe you’ve heard that it’s all about living frugally, being a bit of a hermit, owning no possessions and having no fun. No fun whatsoever.
Now I don’t claim to be an expert, and I certainly don’t claim to be a full-blown minimalist.
But I have done a few mini-experiments with the minimalist lifestyle, and benefited from it in many ways. One of the best ways I’ve heard it described is by Joshua Becker:
“Minimalism is less about taking things away, and more about what you choose to fill that new found time and space with.”
So this week on the show, that’s what we’re gonna explore.
How can the minimalist mindset benefit your life, beyond getting rid of unwanted possessions?
Let’s get stuck in.
What we cover in this week’s episode of The HERO Podcast:
- What minimalist living entails, and some of the common misconceptions surrounding it.
- How living a life with less can potentially reduce your stress.
- How to apply the minimalist mindset to benefit your movement practice, diet, work life and more.
Listen & Subscribe
- The Minimalist Lifestyle: A Starter Guide | Health Room
- r/minimalist | Reddit
- The HERO Warmup Mobility Routine | Health Room
- The 10 Most Important Things to Simplify in Your Life | Becoming Minimalist
- The Choice-Minimal Lifestyle: 6 Formulas for More Output and Less Overwhelm | Tim Ferriss
Develop Lasting, Healthy Habits
Healthy Habits 101
Support The HERO Podcast
UNLEASH YOUR INNER HERO
Proven tools and tactics to help you eat, move and live better. Healthy eating plans, strength and mobility workouts, habit changing guides and much much more.