021 | The Art of Mindful Movement: Using Training as Meditation & Moving Like a Shaolin Monk
“The ultimate experience of being mindful occurs when we forget about everything, even the mindful self and doing. In that mode, we are full of energy, utterly self-generated.”
― Sang H Kim ―
Mindfulness & movement.
This week on The HERO Podcast we’re combining what I feel are two cornerstones of healthy, fulfilled living – mindfulness, and movement.
Alone these things have had a drastic impact on the quality of my life. But when you add them together, the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts, so to speak.
In other words:
Adding a little mindfulness to your movement practice is one of those simple things that can 10x your results – both those that you might be chasing after and some you might not even be aware of until they occur.
Sound like a plan?
Let’s dig in.
What we cover in this week’s episode of The HERO Podcast:
- What exactly is mindful movement and why is it so important if you’re looking to cultivate a calm, peaceful state of mind?
- Why mindful movement could help you avoid injury and become a stronger, better athlete or mover.
- How to start incorporating mindful movement throughout your day and into your workouts, and reap the benefits right now.
Listen & Subscribe
- Bringing More Mindfulness Onto the Mat | The Yoga Space
- The Art of Mindful Movement | Breaking Muscle
- Satori in BJJ: Finding Calm Amongst Chaos | Health Room
- The HERO Foundation Workout | The HERO Toolkit
- The HERO Warmup Stretching & Mobility Routine | Health Room
Develop Lasting, Healthy Habits
Healthy Habits 101
Support The HERO Podcast
UNLEASH YOUR INNER HERO
Proven tools and tactics to help you eat, move and live better. Healthy eating plans, strength and mobility workouts, habit changing guides and much much more.