What I’m up to right now
Habits, projects & general life stuff
(circa early 2017)
- Working on my latest project: The HERO Podcast. It’s taken me way outside my comfort zone already (and resulted in many a sleepless night). But I’m enjoying the process and have learned a hell of a lot already. If you fancy hearing me talk about everything healthy living, mindfulness, performance and entrepreneurship (and interview people much smarter than me) then pay us a visit (and share a quick review) over in iTunes.
- Solidifying the old morning meditation practice. I use guided meditations (usually Headspace for 15-20 min) followed by some deep breathing and heart rate variability measurements.
- Learning Italian. Trip booked to Lake Garda in May, so thought I’d at least try to grasp the basics… I’m using DuoLingo, which is like the Headspace of language learning apps. Apparently I’m now 4% fluent. Non sono sicuro di che cosa questo significa…
- Re-prioritizing my training. I have a few nagging injuries that seem to pop up every time I push things in my training. As a result, over the past month or so I’ve stayed clear of the gym and I’m instead spending time correcting imbalances and restrictions that are holding me back. It’s a killer, not being able to reach towards the goals that I’ve set (and watching those handstand gains melt away). But sometimes you’ve gotta think about the long game…
- Freelance copywriting. I’ve been fortunate to work with some great new clients already this year, helping them with various copywriting projects. If you’re ever in need of a Copyeditor/Copywriter, get in touch here and we can talk bizzzznizzzz.
- Wim Hof-ing. I’ve been reading a ton about this guy, and started incorporating some of his breathing techniques along with my daily cold shower. It’s not something I’ve fully jumped into yet, but I feel like it’s on the cards for later this year.
- Dreaming of sunshine. And saving some dolla for a big trip abroad. SE Asia?
Full credit to Derek Sivers for the ‘Now Page’ idea 🙂
UNLEASH YOUR INNER HERO
Proven tools and tactics to help you eat, move and live better. A plant based diet plan, full body mobility workout, habit changing eBook and much much more.